background

Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to Vegas we go!


So Barrett is still working in Las Vegas hopefully for only a few more weeks! Now that we have no more obligations,like swimming, dr's appt etc. We decided to come back with him until he is done. We are staying in a extended stay hotel with a pool. That should be enough for us. The kids love swimming and with 110 degrees that is about all we can do during the day!It is tight quarters for the five of us, but well worth it to be together. I hope we can manage to keep busy and from driving each other cazy until he is done. I just need to be thankful he has a job. The job situation is kind of frightening. I hate being alone and thankfully it is not during school and not too far so we can come down. I want to get some workbooks or something to keep the kids busy inside the hotel room. Any tips or advice please share! I don't know how military wives do it. I am not that strong. I am truly grateful for a job and for a hardworking husband! So goodbye cool mountain breezes and hello to the desert heat!

4 comments:

erin said...

Have fun in Vegas! My kids always love little craft projects, maybe you could pick up a few from Wal-mart. We missed you at Grandma's house tonight!

joshandkari said...

of course i was going to call you tomorrow to see when you guys wanted to get together!!! :( when u are back home let us know and we can plan something!!! tell barrett hi from us!!! miss your cute little family!!! xoxo

Amy and Kris said...

My Sis & Bro in law are doing the same thing & the are living in an extended stay hotel. She said all the do is swim all day, everyday! I bet your kids will love it! The workbook idea is great & lots of crafts too for those days you don't want to swim! Take care! I'm glad you get to all be together!

Downs Family said...

Hey I just got caught up on your blog and it sounds like you are having a fun/busy summer. We should really get together sometime to catch up. Good luck with the rest of your stay and have fun family times!